It is currently Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:30 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: WAR Plans
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:34 am 
Officer
Officer

WAR is here!

With the launch of Warhammer Online imminent, the Wanderers are zeroing in on our server and guild choices. Due to uncertainties with the Open RVR ruleset, we've decided to postpone the creation of a Destruction guild for now. So we'll be concentrating on the Order/Core guild.

The guild is formed and doing great - looking forward to seeing more Wanderers in-game!

CE headstart : old news.
SE headstart : old news.
Official launch is UNDERWAY!

Faction: Order
Ruleset: Core
Server: OSTERMARK

After careful consideration of the server populations (from vnboards and the Warhammer Alliance boards), I think Ostermark will be a lot less crowded, and therefore a more pleasant place. Therefore that's going to be our new home.

Ostermark = GOOD CHOICE!

Post subject: Re: WAR Plans
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:42 am 
Drifter
Drifter

ummm.. methinks you got your SE and CE mixed up.....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:44 am 
Officer
Officer

SE, CE, it's all the same to me!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:45 pm 
Drifter
Drifter
 E-mail  Profile

Madness?

No! This. Is. WAR!

Looking forward to joining you guys Sunday morning before I send in my computer for the much-needed upgrades.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:48 pm 
Drifter
Drifter
 E-mail  Profile

Are we going to have to actually RP on this server? Are we going to get grief from GMs and RPers if we choose to not RP? Heck, I don't know enough Warhammer lore to RP if my life depended on it...LOL.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not opposed to playing on an RP server, as I've played WoW on an RP-PVP server for the past (counts fingers.... damn!) 3 years. I don't RP on that server unless I happen to cross paths with an RPer, then I do my best (and have fun with it). I'm just curious if the RP aspect in WAR is going to be strictly enforced or if we'll have to deal with a bunch of grief from hardcore RPers.

EDIT: I offer many apologies for posting in a restricted forum. :oops: I forgot that I got to this thread via a link from another forum, and I was wondering why my post needed moderator approval. I'll pay more attention in the future.

[Mod: No apologies needed. All posts in The News forum are moderated, but everyone should feel free to post here.]

Last edited by Roakaar on Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:47 pm 
Wanderer
Wanderer

Roakaar wrote:
Are we going to have to actually RP on this server? Are we going to get grief from GMs and RPers if we choose to not RP? Heck, I don't know enough Warhammer lore to RP if my life depended on it...LOL.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not opposed to playing on an RP server, as I've played WoW on an RP-PVP server for the past (counts fingers.... damn!) 3 years. I don't RP on that server unless I happen to cross paths with an RPer, then I do my best (and have fun with it). I'm just curious if the RP aspect in WAR is going to be strictly enforced or if we'll have to deal with a bunch of grief from hardcore RPers.

If only there were someplace....perhaps a forum of sorts...where maybe this question perhaps might have come up and possibly then have been discussed over and over again....;)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:22 pm 
Wanderer
Wanderer
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

I guess we deal with it as it comes down the pike . I have very limited knowledge of the WAR universe, but I'm playing and sure as hell will not sweat the little things like the RP aspect .

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:19 pm 
Drifter
Drifter
 E-mail  Profile

In my experience playing on RP MMO servers before, I've never gotten in trouble for "not roleplaying", as long as you don't shout in zone-wide chat "how bout that football game, eh!?!?!". It does allow you to play your dwarf as a beer-guzzling, elf-loathing, curmudgeon-with-a-heart-of-gold without other people looking at you like you just sprouted a third eye, though. :)

I'm only a lowly SE preorder, so I guess I'll see you guys on Tuesday... *grumble*